Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rolling into December

We had a great Thanksgiving at Marshall's parents' house. My cousin Gabe came over for the afternoon and enjoyed the meal with us. Then he spanked the pants off us in Hearts with his jack of diamonds rule! It was fun though. I don't think I've ever seen my mother-in-law laugh so hard as when Gabe was telling jokes.

The following Saturday Jeff took me on Joy's Spyder for a ride up to Montgomery, Texas. Here are some pictures of us getting prepped.
I haven't been this bundled up in a looooong time.



Don't I look sassy?! This is Jeff getting all of his gear on so we can hit the road!

Yep, this is Spydi-Girl, my mother-in-law's Can-Am Spyder. It's made by the same company that produces snowmobiles if you couldn't tell. This bike is really loud and attracts lots of attention, mostly thumbs ups and waves. Oh, and other bikers stare at it quite a bit. Can you see the spider web design between the front wheel and Jeff's leg? Apparently there are three other spots on the bike for a similar design. Marshall is going to try and make some to sell to all of Joy's Spyder riding buddies at the big rally in April.

We returned home on Sunday the 28th. The rest of the week flew by pretty quickly. Marshall pulled our Christmas boxes from the attic and we started decorating. Here's our tree!

Normally this is the Cat Corner where the papasan chair, scratch post, toy box and other cat business necessities are stationed. Now the tree is there and the cats cannot get to their window as easily. I think they are ok with giving up rights to the window in exchange for the close proximity to dangly entertaining pieces on the tree. Sometimes we hear them playing ornament soccer.

Here are our stockings. I bet you can guess whose is whose. ;D




No comments:

Post a Comment