Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

This year Marshall and I spent our first Christmas with just us in our new home, which we closed on 12/22/09. The past two years we spent Christmas at his parents' home near Houston.

For Christmas Eve, we made dinner together, had some wine, opened one gift each from my parents, watched It's A Wonderful Life together on the couch and then went to Circle C to look at the Christmas lights. Before we left, we brainstormed what would be the craziest decoration we would see. I said Santa in a sleigh with reindeer on the roof. He predicted a topiary wrapped in lights. We couldn't decide on a clear winner from what we saw. One house had a dancing angel pig (yes, with wings and a halo). The other was a 6-7' tall blow up white mouse in a blue hat and sweater that was inside the house, taking up all of the front window. So, which is crazier: a blow up mouse in a house instead of out in the yard, or an angel pig doing a jig?

I woke up at 6:30 Christmas morning. The medication Marshall takes knocks him out for a long time when he takes it late, so he didn't rise until closer to 11:30! Trust me, I tried waking him up earlier, but it didn't work. We opened out stockings followed by other gifts from Santa. Then we opened the presents for the cats from Santa Cat. Next we opened each other's gifts, then those from our parents. Lastly the gifts from our neighbors Amy and Carlos. Before we started to really clean up, I surprised Marshall with one last gift, well, two actually. He had no idea about them! I had written him a short story that I gave to him along with a rosemary bush. The story explained the meaning behind the plant. He thought they were wonderful and loved them. :)

The rest of Christmas day we relaxed. I started reading one of the books Marshall had given me. Later I went over next door and watched the kids open their presents from us. Their teenager loved the jewelry we got her, and EVERYBODY thought the telescope we got for the other three kids to share was awesome!! We got Amy and Carlos a 12 pc dinnerware set that matched the red theme they have going on in the kitchen. They were completely surprised and loved it!

For dinner I made a huge lasagna with ground turkey, diced up eggplant and chopped green bell peppers. It was amazing!! I think that is how I am going to do them from now on. It came out flavorful and perfect. After dinner we began rewatching our favorite TV series Stargate. We started over with watching the first shows in season 1 (hint, we've seen every episode in SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe).

This morning we cleaned up a bit and are continuing to enjoy a relaxing Sunday. It is a crisp, blue sky kind of day. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we go to the gym and I do my Cardio Dance Party group class. I think of it like baby Zumba because the moves aren't overly complicated, but it has the same upbeat music. On Tuesday we both go to Yoga at the gym, but this time I get to bring my new purple yoga mat that Marshall got me for Christmas! We are committing ourselves to going to the gym more often. I'd like to participate in at least three classes a week. Hmm...I think I will continue this topic in a new post...

No comments:

Post a Comment