Saturday, December 18, 2010

Extended Birthday Fun

My birthday was on Monday. I turned 24. We had our work Christmas party at a Brazilian Steakhouse, which was delicious. Then I got out of work around 5:15. My husband's parents had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my work. It was very sweet and made me feel girly. Here's a picture of the flowers along with all the cards I received. My parents sent me a set of sconces I really wanted along with a set of three wall shelves.

Marshall, Amy, Carlos and myself went to an Italian restaurant called Mendola's at The Triangle for dinner. I had mint chocolate chip gelato for dessert. Then we went bar hopping downtown on 6th Street. I rode a mechanical bull, but it wasn't very impressive. The poor creature didn't even have ears or horns. I think I only had three drinks, so I felt good but was still in control.

Tuesday through Friday I took off from work to use up the last of my PTO. I did some more painting on the house. Now it is Marshall's turn to get the very top section of the gable. I've played a lot of video games thanks to my husband getting me a PS2 for my birthday. We did my birthday cake on Tuesday. Marshall sang to me. :)
On Thursday we went to meet with a financial advisor to discuss life insurance for us. It's something we both need to get and we finally had the time off together to go.
Marshall finished his last tests on Wednesday, and doesn't have to return to school until mid-January. He'll be able to modify his classes starting the 6th. We're hoping he can squeeze into a physics class he needs as a pre-requisite for other courses. He plans on spending his winter break working on his newest engineering project, which is creating decals for his mother's Sypder motorcycle. If he's successful, he's going to sell some to the other riders at the Sypder rally in late April.
Friday night we went out with Amy, Carlos, and Lee again. We went to 6th Street again and spent the most time at a gay bar called Oilcan Harry's. The music was the best, and we also played some pool. I had to keep a close eye on Marshall. If he'd have gone on the dance floor, a whole school of male peronas would have been all over him (he's a hottie)! We left at 2am, and I drove Amy's suburban home because I was sober. We didn't get to bed until 3:30am. I woke up this morning around 11am, which is super late for me. I don't expect Marshall to get up before 2pm because he enjoys his sleep.
Tonight was are meeting up with his parents, who are coming up from Cypress for the evening. We'll do dinner and probably breakfast with them as well Sunday morning. Joy is riding her Sypder up and they are bringing Christmas presents for us. Marshall is going to test fit a decal he was able to get cut out. I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the rest of my day relaxing and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment