Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fondue Fever

Sunday the 12th was my February Fondue Fiesta that I was hosting at my house for my girlfriends from work and Meetup. Of the 9 ladies who RSVP'd, 2 showed up on time, and 1 had told me she was coming late because she had a previous commitment that was going to interfere. 2 other girls later told me about their unforeseen circumstances on their absence, and I understood, moreover, I really appreciated them letting me know that they just didn't blow me off.

I prepared enough fondue for 12 people although I only cooked up enough for us 4 who got to enjoy it. I'm able to use all the left overs, but now I have 4 milk chocolate bars in my baking cabinet that I need to make sure I do not tap in to out of boredom or cravings.

I was envisioning a vibrant party with lots of laughter, conversation, delicious food and wine. I was sad it didn't turn out that way even though my three guests all said they had a good time. I think I'm going to take a break from party planning for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment