Marshall decided that with his computer programming background, he would apply. The offer included that they would be flexible around students' school schedules. Why not take a stab in the dark? A few days after submission, Chris contacted him for more details. Shortly thereafter, Marshall had a great phone interview with Chad. He had a face-to-face interview on February 10th, along with other candidates. Sunday night he received the acceptance confirmation in an email from Chad, and they would like him to start the following Friday the 17th, which was nearly 2 weeks early!
Turns out Marshall was the only candidate they selected although they would have hired more if they would have been competent in computer programming; turns out they were not. Marshall had a successful first day and got along splendidly with Chad and everyone else he was introduced to. He's been set up with all the information he needs to begin telecommuting from home or school as well.
I'm having to do some adjustments of my own because with his homework, torn apart car in the garage, and now new job, his responsibilities will mean less time for me. I really do need a hobby to keep me occupied and entertained while he is busy. I think it also may be necessary for us to designate a particular evening during the weekend to be just for us together so that we remember that we comply with our crazy schedules for our ultimate goals together.
I'm very proud of him, and I know he's going to do fantastic at his new job!
Date nights are great. We don't always go out each Friday, of course, but we make sure we do something together each Friday night. Definitely recommend it! :)
ReplyDelete