When we bought our house in December, we knew the front porch railings were going to need to be replaced. Well, now that the Audi is fixed, Marshall is ready to move onto another project, and he's chosen the front porch. When he started his destruction spree, he found that everything besides the wooden posts that hold the roof up was made of some sort of compressed paper product (yuck!). We're going to replace everything with real wood.
At first I bawked at us needing a table saw, but I know that tools do last a long time and over time, they are worth the investment because Marshall is enthusiastic about house projects. So, without him knowing, I went out to Lowe's to get him the table saw. Afterwards I went to the grocery store, which was original place I was suppose to go. When I got home, I accepted Marshall's help to bring bags in. I told him I'd get the ones in the trunk (from the grocery store) if he'd take care of the back seat (where the table saw box was). He was quite speechless, and it turns out that is the one he had been pining for. Looks like I did a good job.
After dinner, I urged Marshall to go back to Lowe's and get some lumber, so we can start our contruction tomorrow. It didn't take much to convince him. ;D Marshall only has one more week of his political science class, so his mornings will free up for the rest of the summer. We aren't expecting this front porch project to take us very long, but knowing that he has extra time calms me.
After this, I hope I can get the bookshelves I've been wanting for our second living room. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment