I can mark off more of my 101 tasks! Hurray!
1. Donate $25 worth of non-perishable food items to a food pantry once a month for a year. I'm three months behind, ugh. 9 of 12 months completed.
2. Visit DC for at least four days. This is being set into motion. We'll be in DC Sept 12-15th, although the 15th hardly counts for a day. We'll have breakfast at the hotel then head to the airport. Even though this trip was really impromptu, I'm so glad we're going.
16. Help with a Girl Scout troop. On July 31st I met with a Girl Scout Volunteer Organizer and registered as an adult volunteer. I hope to be working with a troop starting this fall!
17. Influence someone to make a 101/1001 list. I suggested doing a 101/1001 list to my personal trainer Paul because he'd recently gotten out of a relationship and had more time to focus on work and such. Well, he went a little overboard with work and doing really long days. He's really liking his list and has already completed some tasks. Awesome!
21. Use my 5 passes to work out with a trainer at the gym. Turns out I only had 3 sessions that came with my membership. I used those, and bought an 11-pack, which I have also gone though. Big fat check mark for this one!
24. Try 10 different flavors of ice cream at Amy's. I think I'm up to four of 10 now. The last one I tried was white chocolate with reese peanut butter cups--so delicious.
31. Go to a wine tasting event. This past week my mom took us to a vineyard south of Salem, Oregon, and I got to try 6 samples of wine. I really liked their vintage pinot noir. Then she took us (Marshall was there too) to a winery in Salem. I tasted another 4 wine samples (was that 10 oz total?!), and absolutely loved their tropical sunset wine. It's like fruit cocktail syrup with wine, yummy.
50. Have Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Marshall and I recently went to Oregon to visit my parents, sisters and nephew for a few days. Thanksgiving is my mom's favorite holiday to cook, and the day we arrived we had a Thanksgiving dinner that night. Check!
88. Visit 5 Austinite restaurants. Not too long ago my boss Carrie took my coworker Emily and I out to lunch at Matt's El Rancho, a Mexican restaurant. I'm not sure if they have more than 1 location in town, but it is an Austin restaurant. My fifth one is actually happening tomorrow morning. I'm meeting a new friend at the Magnolia Cafe, and Carrie has approved it as an Austin "must go" place. :)
101. Take a glass blowing class. Today was the glass blowing class I organized through a meetup.com group that I joined. 10 ladies participated, and everyone had a blast. I get to pick up my purple and pink ornament on Monday after work. I'll post pictures this week. Check!
No comments:
Post a Comment