I once heard from some source that we tend to have dozens of online friends, yet do not know our neighbors. I found that message to be very powerful, and I told myself that when we have a really neighborhood, I am going to get to know the neighbors.
Last night I organized a bbq for the few neighbors/families we've chatted with or know of. Marshall gives me all the credit, but he was a huge help and was very supportive with my wish. We had shrimp and chicken kabobs, chicken wings, chips with both salsa and queso (<--both were super delicious), deviled egg salad, pasta salad, watermelon, hot dogs, beer, martinis and a sinful dessert from Ludy that we've all dubbed "4 sugar" dessert because it's ingredients are um, quite sugary.
We had 10 kids plus a little baby and 9 adults come over. Everyone got along really well, which pleases me greatly because I like down-to-earth people. Everyone now has each other's contact information, so we can plan the next shin-dig or girls' night or guys' night. By the end of the summer, I'd like to see a party happen that includes the 20 houses or so on our section of the street. Wouldn't that be fun?
No comments:
Post a Comment